It’s the most wonderful time of the year! 2018 has been a whirlwind with many blessings for which to be thankful! It’s hard to believe that it’s already time to begin Christmas shopping and preparations. As you prepare, we hope you will include Palmetto in your plans!
Christmas Eve Family Service: December 24th—4:00 p.m. Mary Had a Little Lamb . . .That’s My Story and I’m Sticking to It! The children are learning music for the Christmas Eve Family worship service. If your child has not yet participated, there’s still time to get involved! Below you will find our rehearsal schedule.
December 16th and 23rd:
- 9:15-9:45 – Children’s Corner Room
- Immediately after worship for ~45 minutes in the Sanctuary
Good Old-Fashioned Family Time December 2nd – Building Families Game Day
Palmetto will have Building Families Game Day on Sunday, December 2nd from 5:00-6:30 p.m. The Youth Group is hosting this event open to ALL ages! Bring your family to enjoy a potluck fellowship with your church family and a variety of board games!
DID WE MENTION??? PRIZES, PRIZES, PRIZES!
December 9th – Mount Pleasant Christmas Parade Coordinate with other Palmetto families to attend the annual Christmas Parade at 5:30 p.m.
Celebrating Advent at Home
There are many resources available to help your family focus on Advent as a time of preparation for Christmas. Below are a few ideas to consider this season:
- Lighted Nativity Ornament: https://www.icanteachmychild.com/lighted-nativity-ornament/
- Advent Blessings Jar (Gratitude): https://www.thirtyhandmadedays.com/advent-blessing-jar/
- Advent Calendar and Nativity Scene: https://focusonthefamily.webconnex.com/co-advent
If you have any questions, please contact Tricia Nutting, Director of Children’s Education (email@example.com)