Christian Education: Who We Are and What We Do
The Christian Education Team is made up of various members of PPC. We have many people who support and volunteer to lead various programs and classes for Christian Education during the year.
- The CE team meets once a month to plan and receive updates on events, programs, Bible Studies, Book Clubs, VBS, Sunday School, Youth Group and curriculum.
- We have Sunday school classes from Birth to Adults.
- We provide the ARK and JAM rooms for Ages Birth to 3K. We utilize a combination of staff and screened volunteers.
- We make sure that the Time with Children lesson is prepared and matches the Sermon lesson.
- We provide Children’s Church for K4 through 2nd grade during worship.
- We provide a support network for parents as they are raising their child(ren) in our congregation.
- We provide adult Sunday school classes which lead and participate in Bible studies, fellowship activities, outreach and prayer.
- We a growing Youth group that includes a team of Sunday school teachers, youth leaders for EDGE, and FUEL leaders. Events and mission projects are planned for each month. There are several retreats planned throughout the year.
- We have a Confirmation class each year for 7th & 8th graders. This is a time for them to learn more about being a Christian and a Presbyterian.
- We have Bible studies, book clubs, and small groups.
- We have Vacation Bible School during the summer.
- We provide education information and experiences based on the church calendar of events.
- We have a children’s choir and youth handbell choir
All of these events, classes and programs need teachers and volunteers, so there are plenty of opportunities to get involved. Check the weekly e-POST or calendar on the church website for dates and times. If you have any questions, would like to join CE or have suggestions for PPC, please contact the church office 843-884-1504.
Christian Education Mission Statement: To invite people of all ages to grow in the love and knowledge of Jesus Christ in a fun, positive and nurturing environment.