I believe sometimes we like to think that God calls us just for dramatic, life-changing accomplishments, when really we are all called to work together to carry out God’s will. That means we share in the little things that make up ministry.
Yesterday we sang the hymn “Here I am, Lord,” and while it is true this hymn is almost always sung at ordination services, do you not believe God can call us to everyday “jobs” that fulfill God’s purpose?
Have you ever thought how many folks it takes to carry out a worship service on Sunday, what with the preacher, liturgists, choir, ushers, greeters, Time with Children leaders, fellowship hosts, nursery and children church leaders, communion preparers, etc. etc.?
These everyday seemingly small, easy to commit to tasks are so necessary and important.
Lets me share 10 ways YOU can contribute to our ministry here at Palmetto:
- Take a turn caring for the children in the nursery–you don’t have to be the parent of a small child to tend to our children–Maggie would love your help
- Sign up to help with Vacation Bible School Saturday and Sunday, June 22-23
- Serve as a liturgist on Sunday–all the reading is sent to you by Thursday
- Provide refreshments for fellowship one Sunday
- Serve as a greeter
- Contribute to Pavilion fund
- Be a regular giver to our operating fund
- Invite a friend to church
- Help our mission team for Hands of Christ August 7 and 8
- Make a visitor feel welcome by giving them a warm greeting and answering any questions that may have about the church
Have a great week.